Whether you’re in a lockdown or restrictions have spoiled your special occasion. We’ve put together a simple starter, main and cheeky dessert to bring the restaurant to you. We know it’s not the same… but light the candle and get the playlist ready!
Broccoli and Potato Soup
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes (desiree works well), peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp. butter or ghee
- 500ml chicken bone broth or stock
- parsley and olive oil to serve
- garlic bread to serve (important to have on hand when fussy little humans are about)
- Add garlic, onion and butter to saucepan and fry until soft. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Carefully blend in food processor (pulse) or use a stick blender until smooth – don’t over-do it.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and top with fresh parsley. Serve with garlic bread.
Slow cooked Smokey BBQ Beef served with Coleslaw and hand cut Sweet Potato Chips
- 1kg grass-fed blade roast beef (or more if you want some left overs)
- 125ml water
- 4 tbsp. Better Belly BBQ Bone broth sauce*
- 1/2 white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. of Gevity Great Guts Mayo*
- Lemon juice to taste
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- olive oil
*you could use any mayonnaise and BBQ sauce, but we’d highly recommend these products! They are so rich and flavoursome with the added benefits of nutrient-dense bone broth.
- Heat oven to 150 °C.
- Place roast in casserole dish or cast-iron pot.
- Mix together the BBQ bone broth sauce and water and pour over beef.
- Cover with lid and place in oven for 5-6 hours.
- If there is a lot of runny sauce, take beef out of oven and (if pot is stove safe) place on low heat and gently boil so the sauce reduces slightly. Pull apart the beef with 2 forks and mix in with the sauce. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix cabbage, carrot, shallots, and coriander together.
- In another dish, mix mayonnaise and lemon juice together
- Add mayo and lemon juice mix to vegetables and mix around until the dressing is evenly spread through.
Hand cut chips
- Cut sweet potato into chips, you may like to preboil them for 5 minutes or just place straight on baking tray and cover with olive oil and sea salt.
- Place in oven on 180°C until golden brown.
Sticky Date Cocktail
Here are the ingredients for 1 serve. Double, triple or quadruple the ingredients to make more!
- 2-3 medjool dates, pitted
- 70g water
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 80g ice cubes
- 50g vodka
Click here for Skinnymixer’s Thermomix recipe!
- If you don’t have a Thermomix: place dates (very finely chopped), water, coffee, cacao powder & vanilla in a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. Strain through a fine sieve. Discard dates.
- Place the vodka, ice and date syrup in a cocktail shaker. Shake well to combine.
Omit the vodka and coffee for a family-friendly dessert mocktail
This post contains an affiliate link, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended, but at no extra cost to you.